Are you passionate about science and its power to cure patients? Do you thrive working in a fast-paced environment with an innovative team of collaborators? Are you detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and analytical skills?
If you answered yes, then we invite you to consider joining Deka Biosciences!
Who We Are
At Deka we aspire to radically change healthcare by developing cures for cancer and autoimmune patients by combining precision patient selection with the world’s most effective immunotherapies.
Deka Biosciences is a venture-backed biotech company focused on the development of novel cytokine therapies to treat cancer and inflammatory diseases such as Crohn’s, psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis and sepsis. The company is led by experienced academic, biopharma and CDMO entrepreneurs with expertise in drug discovery, product development, characterization and testing. Deka has developed disease-specific Diakines™ that maximize patient benefits through improved pharmacokinetics / pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) function via targeted delivery of dual and complimentary cytokines to affected tissues or cells. Through the use of precision medicine, Deka’s vision is to maximize the impact of its DiakineTM therapeutic proteins by ensuring treatment of the correct patient population.
Organization Name: Deka Biosciences
Location: Germantown, Maryland
Position Profile/Primary Objective
Deka is looking for an entry level or mid-level research associate. This candidate will work in support of investigator’s research and will be responsible for a variety of laboratory tasks such as but not limited to cell culture, basic immunoassays, and PCR-based research work. The applicant is expected to collaborate with other members of the research and development team to conduct necessary experiments. The research associate will also assist with the performance of general laboratory duties and, from time to time, work with our in vivo colleagues to help with their duties. This opportunity is a full-time position with Deka Biosciences, and it is onsite in Germantown, MD.
- Have a basic understanding of immunology and cell biology.
- Prepare buffers, solutions, and routine lab chemicals.
- Be familiar with conducting experimental techniques pertaining to immunology/cell biology such as ELISA and multiplexed ELISA based assays (e.g., MSD).
- Have working knowledge of using qPCR instruments such as QuantStudioTM 7.
- Organize and keep accurate and meticulous records of all experiments in an electronic lab notebook.
- Be responsible for general laboratory duties such as cleaning and maintenance, ordering/receiving supplies, data entry into spreadsheets, recording sample entries into liquid nitrogen storage, and managing research database.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Life Sciences (e.g., biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, cell biology, immunology).
- Minimum of two (2) years of laboratory experience in a related field.
- Proficiency in the principles of cellular and molecular biology as they relate to immunology.
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing background, relevant experience as it relates to the position, as well as salary history and requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deka Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Deka Biosciences mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.