Are you passionate about science and its power to cure patients? Do you thrive working in a fast-paced environment with an innovative team of collaborators? Are you detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and analytical skills?
If you answered yes, then we invite you to consider joining Deka Biosciences!
Who We Are
At Deka we aspire to radically change healthcare by developing cures for cancer and autoimmune patients by combining precision patient selection with the world’s most effective immunotherapies.
Deka Biosciences is a venture-backed biotech company focused on the development of novel cytokine therapies to treat cancer and inflammatory diseases such as Crohn’s, psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis and sepsis. The company is led by experienced academic, biopharma and CDMO entrepreneurs with expertise in drug discovery, product development, characterization and testing. Deka has developed disease-specific Diakines™ that maximize patient benefits through improved pharmacokinetics / pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) function via targeted delivery of dual and complimentary cytokines to affected tissues or cells. Through the use of precision medicine, Deka’s vision is to maximize the impact of its DiakineTM therapeutic proteins by ensuring treatment of the correct patient population.
Organization Name: Deka Biosciences
Location: Germantown, Maryland
Position Profile/Primary Objective
Deka is currently seeking an Analytical Development Associate Scientist with experience in analytical methods, HPLC, cIEF, CE-SDS, potency assays. This candidate will be part of the Analytical Development team performing routine sample testing, method development, method technology transfer and method validation. This opportunity is a full-time position with Deka Biosciences, and it is onsite in Germantown, MD.
- Perform assigned analytical testing tasks in a timely manner to support the development and optimization of manufacturing processes, or analytical/characterization methods as well as stability and release testing for Diakines™ candidates.
- Follow and execute defined methods, SOPs. Under direct supervision, author SOPs, study plans, protocols, and method development reports.
- Provide lab-based assay development support for methods involving RP-HPLC, SEC-HPLC, CE-SDS, cIEF, ELISA, cell-based assays, gel electrophoresis, and western-blot.
- Document experiments, analyze data, and provide conclusions obtained from experiments contemporaneously in electronic lab notebooks as directed. Provide to supervisor for review.
- Maintain knowledge of current scientific principles and theories. Train other lab personnel as assigned in areas of expertise and participate in cross-functional process development teams
- The candidate will also be expected, upon completion of formal training, to conduct experiments independently once the protocols and specific aims have been determined by a supervisor. All candidates must be able to operate and communicate effectively in a group and a team-oriented working environment and work collaboratively with other laboratory members to fulfill the company’s research objectives.
The candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s or master’s Degree in Life Sciences (e.g., biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, cell biology);
- Minimum of two (2) or preferably three (3) years of laboratory experience in a related field;
- Fluency in the use of applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Prism, and others for analysis and presentation of biological data; and
- Experience with handling biological and chemical material.
The Ideal Candidate Is/Has:
- Hands-on experience in analytical development and quality control in the biologics field.
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced work environment
- Exceptional documentation practices, technical writing, and presentation skills
- Highly motivated and takes a proactive approach on the job
- Capability to work cross-functionally.
- An excellent communicator with relationship building skills and an ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Proficiency with electronic/digital platforms such as Electronic Lab Notebooks/LIMS, SharePoint, MS Office
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing background, relevant experience as it relates to the position, as well as salary history and requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deka Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Deka Biosciences mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.